The UConn Student Alumni Association (SAA) holds a great sense of pride and tradition in the University. With the affiliation of the UConn Foundation, SAA is able to promote this through a variety of activities and programs. You can be a part of it all!
What is SAA all about?
SAA was established in 1983. The primary goals of the organization are…
- to generate spirit and promote traditions surrounding the University among the student body,
- to provide information about the UConn Foundation to the student body,
- to keep the UConn Foundation aware of developments on campus that affect the students’ perception of the University,
- instill leadership and communication skills in all members of SAA,
- provide SAA members with opportunities to network with alumni, and
- to connect SAA members with various organizations within the University and surrounding community.
Read our constitution here.
What are the requirements?
The organization is open to undergraduate and graduate students with a demonstrated commitment to the University of Connecticut.
In order to achieve active membership as a general member of the Student Alumni Association, you must fulfill at least one of the following requirements:
- Attend at least three general member meetings over the course of every semester.
- Accumulate a minimum of 15 points from attending meetings or volunteering at Student Alumni Association or UConn Foundation sponsored events.
Once you achieve active membership status, you are eligible for member rewards & retreats and an invitation to our annual Pinning Ceremony.
What if I have to miss a mandatory event?
If you have a valid excuse (illness, family event, exam, class, etc.) please fill out the excuse form out at least 1 week prior to the event. The SAA President or Adviser will get back to you shortly thereafter.