The UConn Student Alumni Association (SAA) holds a great sense of pride and tradition in the University. With the affiliation of the UConn Foundation, SAA is able to promote this through a variety of activities and programs. You can be a part of it all!
What is SAA all about?
SAA was established in 1983. The primary goals of the organization are…
- to generate spirit and promote traditions surrounding the University among the student body,
- to provide information about the UConn Foundation to the student body,
- to keep the UConn Foundation aware of developments on campus that affect the students’ perception of the University,
- instill leadership and communication skills in all members of SAA,
- provide SAA members with opportunities to network with alumni, and
- to connect SAA members with various organizations within the University and surrounding community.
Read our constitution here.
What are the requirements?
The organization is open to undergraduate and graduate students with a demonstrated commitment to the University of Connecticut.
In order to achieve active membership as a general member of the Student Alumni Association, you must fulfill at least one of the following requirements:
- Attend at least three general member meetings over the course of every semester.
- Accumulate a minimum of 15 points from attending meetings or volunteering at Student Alumni Association or UConn Foundation sponsored events.
Once you achieve active membership status, you are eligible for member rewards & retreats and an invitation to our annual Pinning Ceremony.
What if I have to miss a mandatory event?
If you have a valid excuse (illness, family event, exam, class, etc.) please fill out the excuse form out at least 1 week prior to the event. The SAA President or Adviser will get back to you shortly thereafter.
How do I join?
Joining is easy, and you can do it anytime! We meet on Thursdays at 6PM in the Alumni Center. Follow us on Instagram or send us an email anytime during the semester if you are interested.